EaDo is a vibrant district of Houston, rich with history, interesting sites, thriving businesses and entertainment, and the best of all in-town living. EaDo is remarkably situated near Houston’s largest employment centers: Downtown, the Texas Medical Center, and the Houston Ship Channel. The district has seen a tremendous amount of growth in recent years, and more great improvements are coming in the future. The EaDo Board of Directors is conducting a search for an Executive Director to lead the EaDo Board, and the EaDo community in its continued growth.
The Texas State Legislature created the East Downtown Management District in 1999 to supplement public services for the residents and owners in the area. EaDo encompasses 776.8 acres (1.214 square miles) of land area adjacent to the Downtown CBD.
More info on the EaDo District can be found here:
The EaDo District’s Executive Director (ED) will work with the Board to ensure that the activities and projects of the existing Service Plan are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner. The ED will also be primarily responsible for ensuring the execution of the day-to-day administrative needs of the District. The ED will work on a full time basis.
- Communication, advocacy, and resource leveraging with public agencies that are the primary service providers in the District to plan for and implement needed services and improvements
- Start up and management of District-initiated programs and services under the Service Plan
- Acting as spokesperson for the District with the media, the community, and elected and appointed officials.
- Developing and fostering good working relationships with elected and appointed officials
- Finding consultants and contractors to provide support services for District programs, negotiate their contracts, and seeking Board approval for their engagement
- Administration and management of the District’s consultants and contractors
- Board member and volunteer recruitment
- Liaise with existing Board members.
- Research and analysis of District statistics and performance indicators
- Creative and strategic planning for future District objectives and formulation of new Service Plan, upon expiration of the current plan
- Assist in the selection and management of additional District staff as needed
- Verbal and written communication with District constituents, neighbors, and other civic groups about the District’s goals and activities, including petitioning of District assessment payers for adoption of future new Service Plans
- Maintenance of District records as required by law
- Management and maintenance of the District’s financial health and budget
- Management and maintenance of all District owned and leased property
- Organization and execution of effective Board and committee meetings
- Implementing and conducting public events as required by the Board, the number, scope and budgets for which will be approved by the Board
- Publicizing and promoting the District
- Working closely with the City on its Capital Improvements Plan to maximize infrastructure improvements in the District
- Such other projects or services as the Board may request from time to time
Salary range: $80,000 – $103,000. DOQ
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to
Deadline: No later than January 14, 2019