At the corner of McKinney and Live Oak streets, Magpies & Peacocks is making a great statement for our city and our neighborhood. You’d need to look past the outside facade to understand the true measure of the nonprofit’s spirit and purpose, and we’re happy to shed a light and encourage involvement with this great organization.
Here, five fast facts about the fashionable Magpies & Peacocks:
- The mission of this 501c3 nonprofit is to create an environment for positive change by nurturing arts education, keep fashion out of landfill, and give back to the Houston community. The organization concentrates on four pillars: Collaborate, Create, Educate and Invest.
- To fulfill this mission, Magpies and Peacocks builds creative connections between local leaders, businesses, donors, artists, designers, educators and Houston area nonprofits.
- Magpies & Peacocks is run by an all volunteer working board.
- You can buy artisan goods online or in the shop, or shop luxury up-cycled goods at the non-profit design house located at 908 Live Oak Street.
- You can contribute fabric for interiors, clothing, and/or jewelry or accessories to Magpie and Peacocks’ resource library. This reduces waste and provides raw materials to students and educators.
To find out more and to get involved, visit the website or follow on Facebook!