On April 5, the Houston Astros will kickoff their 2019 season, with the memory of the ‘17 World Championship win still fresh in our minds. If you’ve already bought your tickets (and if you haven’t, now’s the time!) here are a few tips for enjoying your trip to Minute Maid Park:
- If you plan to consume alcohol, consider using public transportation (METRORail Purple Line, exit EaDo/Stadium stop) or a ridesharing service to get to and from the game.
- Otherwise, surface and street parking can be found in close proximity to the stadium (view map). An estimated 25,000 parking spaces are available within a walkable distance of the ballpark.
- Arrive early for Opening Day Street Fest, presented by Budweiser, from 2:30-6:30 p.m. Join other Astros fans for live music, corn hole, giant Jenga, and giant Connect 4, local Houston food trucks, face painters and caricature artists, inflatables and more. (Game ticket required for entry to Street Fest.)
- In compliance with MLB and Astros security policies, all bags, purses and containers will be searched prior to entry. Review security information before arriving at the park. Some prohibited items include:
- Bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″, and backpacks
- Masks, laser pointers and noise-makers
- All weapons
Hang out in EaDo after the game at Pitch 25, sports bars Little Woodrow’s and Lucky’s Pub, or the laid back outdoor space at 8th Wonder Brewery. Or visit hotspots Vinny’s, Rodeo Goat and Truck Yard to wind down the night.