You may know Brian Ching from his stint as a Dynamo star. Or maybe as the owner and proprietor of EaDo sports bar Pitch 25 Beer Park. But there’s a new reason to get excited about this neighborhood business owner: a new project coming to EaDo called East End Backyard, located at 1105 Sampson Street. The “casual” neighborhood bar is expected to open in the fall.
In the meantime, here are five things to get excited about:
- East End Backyard will offer plenty of patio space for those perfect fall days. Plans include “an enormous” 20,000-square-foot patio.
- That giant patio will include lawn games, live music from local acts, and play host to events and food trucks.
- Dog-lovers, rejoice! The patio will be dog-friendly. Ching said, “We wanted to create somewhere in the area people could go to socialize in an affordable, laidback environment, and enjoy the benefits of having a backyard even if they don’t own one themselves. We want this to feel like the biggest backyard in Houston.”
- The full bar will serve local and domestic beer and cocktails, in addition to food options.
- If you’d like to contribute to the bar as an investor, Ching is raising funds via NextSeed.
Last but not least, we couldn’t resist mentioning that EaDo is Brian Ching’s favorite neighborhood: “EaDo is my favorite neighborhood in the city, it’s the most exciting neighborhood in the city, and my hope is that East End Backyard really helps it feel more like that: a neighborhood.”